Best Cybersecurity Techniques To Prevent Hacking Due To Online Security Lapses
Increasing incidents of data security breaches call for the need for in-depth defense techniques to protect the internal data of a company. But, before taking you through some advanced techniques that are effective against reducing malware and phishing threats, you must know what are the most common cybersecurity mistakes that lead to a security breach.
- Multi-cloud System – Storing data in multiple clouds is a very common strategy that companies use. However, it brings along a lot of risks too. Keeping so many cloud systems bug-free at all times is quite a task. What you can do to make this system work is by choosing the cloud providers by reputation. Partner with the ones that are trustworthy. It reduces the risk of a data leak.
- Breach Detection – Time plays a crucial role in determining the negative impact that the company has to suffer if hacked. The sooner it is detected, the better it is for the users and the company. Sensitive details out in the public outside your knowledge risk the security of multiple users.
Moving on, the following cybersecurity techniques are the present and future of web security. Thus, you must adopt all of them to protect your assets.
- Password Tips
Password has and will always play a major role in determining the security level of IoT devices.
- It should be a combination of more than 8 characters ( preferably between 12-20) that must include numbers, letters, and symbols.
- MFA (multi-factor authentication) is the newest password protection technique that can reduce the risk of a security breach. Users need to clear all authentication factors (username, password, biometric, and location) to gain a system entry.
- A password manager is a managing tool that reduces the risk of a password leak. You can save all the passwords in an encrypted file and store that file in the Password Manager for added security.
- Network Segmentation
Divide and distribute the company’s information in different individual networks. When the networks are independent, there’s no chance that hackers can steal all the information immediately.
- It helps the security team to identify the source of the attack
- It gives extra time to back up the lost data
- It gives more time to alert all employees about the attack
- It helps in limiting the damage and increases the pace of troubleshooting
Other alternative techniques that are as essential as the rest include;
- Bug bounty programs
- Employee awareness
- The alertness of the response team