Heat Pumps – Maximum Efficiency In Heating Your Home
What Is A Heat Pump?
The heat pump is the most efficient solution available on the market for heating water, 3 to 5 times more efficient than boilers and water heaters. It removes heat from the air, even at low temperatures, and transports it to the central heating system or the water contained in a tank.
How Does It Work?
The operation of a heat pump can be compared to that of a refrigerator but in reverse. In a refrigerator, heat is conducted from the inside to the outside. Heat pumps work exactly the opposite way. The heat from the air is conducted into the house through the heating system.
The refrigerant fluid inside the system is evaporated through the entry of air or water from the outside. Then, the steam enters the compressor increasing its pressure. When the fluid changes from a gaseous to a liquid state in the condenser, the energy released is used to power your home’s central heating system. Finally, the reducer lowers the fluid pressure, is ready to return to the evaporator, and starts the cycle again.
What Are The Benefits?
Aerothermal heat pumps have numerous advantages compared to other traditional systems such as biomass or diesel.
- They use air as renewable energy – it’s free;
- Air is easily accessible and available 24 hours a day;
- There are no polluting or harmful emissions to health;
- It does not need a chimney;
- Greater security, since no fuel storage tank, is required;
- The installation of heat pumps is relatively easy and straightforward. It occupies the same space as a boiler mounted on the wall or the floor;
- Insignificant maintenance costs, as no cleaning is required;
- It provides savings in energy bills between 3 and 5 times compared to traditional boilers and water heaters.
Easy, Practical And Low Operating Cost
As seen at https://www.wolfersheating.com/heat-pumps-salem-or/, heat pumps do not require any fuel for their operation, only electrical energy, reducing operating costs. The system does not require specialized labor, and maintenance is simple and done only once a week. It consists of washing the radiator fins with water jets from a standard hose, such as those used to water the garden.
The technology is still easy to handle, as it allows an electronic controller to be responsible for keeping the water at the temperature-programmed by you.
Now that you know what a heat pump is and some of its main advantages, take the opportunity to install the system in your establishment through https://www.wolfersheating.com/heating/heat-pumps/. In addition to reducing costs, you will contribute to nature and ensure more practicality daily.