Hair care guide: to maintain strong and healthy hair.
The key to feeling confident from inside out is having a good hair day. We know that you agree with us and also to the fact that bad hair day is a real thing. We have all been there, where we feel all good and positive the day we wash our hair because it feels bouncy, fresh and voluminous. But, does your hair start feeling limp from the second or the third day after the wash? If you answered yes, you’re not alone!
The dirt from pollution and leading a stressful life can make your hair oily and dull and the quickest way to make them look alive? Well, shampoo your hair twice or thrice a week, depending on how greasy your hair gets. Whether you have long or short hair, caring for them is the ultimate way to maintain your locks.
If you think washing your hair with a shampoo is enough, you need to take a double check at your hair care routine. The kind of shampoo you use also makes a huge difference in how your hair turns out. There are different shampoo for different hair types, such as the ones for oily hair, dry hair and even specialised medicated shampoos to treat dandruff problems.
Let’s take a quick check at a proper hair care routine that you must follow to get an enviable mane.
- Wash your hair properly: Washing your hair regularly doesn’t mean washing your mane every day. Doing this you’ll only strip your hair off the natural oil and moisture, making them even more dry and frizzy. If your hair is oily, you can wash them every alternate day or stick to washing them twice or thrice a week.
- Use chemical free shampoos: Just because your favourite celeb is promoting a particular brand of shampoo doesn’t mean you need to follow suit and use the product. You need to choose the shampoo based on the type and requirement of your hair.
- Condition your hair: If you have frizzy and untameable hair, apply a conditioner after shampooing. Make sure you take a dollop of conditioner and apply only on the hair, avoiding the scalp. Leave it on for a few minutes and rinse off with cold water.
- Air dry your hair: Unless you’re really in a hurry to be somewhere, air dry your hair. Avoid rubbing your hair aggressively with a towel to help them dry faster because it will make your mane even more dry and frizzy. Keep your hair away from heat-based products such as a hair dryer.
- Oil your hair frequently: The best way to retain moisture and keep your mane healthy and strong is to apply oil You can even heat the oil mildly and massage it onto your scalp for a good night’s sleep so you can wake up to a healthy and shiny mane.
- Cover your head: If you’re staying away from heat-based products such as the hair dryer, straightener and a curling iron, good for you! But whenever you step out in the sun, protect your hair with a scarf or a hat to avoid any sun-related damage.
With these hair care tips, you can get a gorgeous mane and styling your hair in several ways will also be fun.