Mapping Your User Journey: How To Go About It?
The term ‘user journey mapping’ refers to the monitoring of the association between a product and its probable users. The process involves examining the interactions of the users with your services or products at different stages of the user lifecycle. Incorporating tools like Apxor, user journey mapping turns out to be amazingly easy.
Mapping your user journey involves several stages. This might include:
- Profiling your users
- Establishing product goals
- UI prototyping
- Incorporating a template for mapping user journey
Steps for developing your user journey map
- Developing customer persona: In this segment, you need explain the demographic background of the customer lucidly. Demonstrate the authority and role played by the person in detail.
- Lifecycle phases: Consider the phases of user lifecycle while categorizing the remaining part of the journey.
- Considering touch points: The touch points refer to every point of interface lying between the product and its user. This might be external entities, or lie within the product.
- Needs of customers: Make sure to fulfil every need of the user. Consider your customer persona while making this decision.
- Consider user expectations: Based on past experiences, your customers may have certain expectations. Being a marketer, you need to consider these aspects.
- Incorporating metrics: It is important to deploy the right metrics to assess the impact of each solution that you choose. Since this process involves no definite rule, it may be non-standardized as well.
- Solutions: In the final stage, you need to map your users’ needs, considering the suggested solutions. The overall purpose of this exercise is to find the ideal solution to suit the users’ requirements. You might come across different processes to carry out a work. It would be wise to go for the one that involves minimal effort and investment.
With sophisticated tools such as Apxor, mapping your user journey turns out to be simple. Many successful marketers have been deploying such apps to simplify the process.