Getting braces as an adult: 5 things to know
No matter your age, you deserve that perfect and straight smile. While orthodontic concerns should be addressed early, adults often find it necessary to seek treatment. Wearing braces doesn’t have to be complicated anymore, and you can consider consulting a Thornton dentist to find more. In this post, we are sharing five facts that are worth knowing when getting braces as an adult.
- There are options. Understandably, adults have their concerns about traditional metal braces, which are anything but aesthetic. Thankfully, orthodontic care has come a long way, and there are more choices now than ever before. There are porcelain braces that almost look like your natural teeth and will not create the same contract. Advanced options include Invisalign, which comes with clear aligner trays.
- Braces are not just for aesthetics. While the look of your smile is certainly a concern, getting braces or Invisalign is much more than that. If you have misaligned, crowded teeth, or an underbite, you may have difficulty with oral hygiene. You may also experience discomfort while eating and speaking.
- Getting braces doesn’t have to be inconvenient. If you think that wearing braces will impact your ability to go to work, you are mistaken. Orthodontic treatments are customized for each patient, and you can talk to the dentist to find the best ways to make your braces more comfortable and efficient. Invisalign, for instance, comes with removable aligners.
- You don’t have to wear braces for a long time. While you may have to wear your aligners or braces for a few months, you don’t live with these orthodontic appliances. Typically, most adults see significant results within 14 to 20 months.
- Braces can help your confidence. Having straighter teeth can improve your confidence and make you less conscious in social situations. You will enjoy every conversation and wouldn’t feel the need to hide your smile. Orthodontic care can also ensure better oral hygiene.
Meeting an orthodontist or an experienced dentist doesn’t have to be complex, and you can expect them to recommend the best ways to straighten your teeth. You can discuss the cost of the treatment and other aspects that need attention, such as the duration of the treatment. Make sure to choose a local clinic in Thornton close to your home because you will need to see the dentist frequently for adjustments and monitor the treatment progress. Call a dental practice now and schedule an appointment.